Delicious food and beautiful beaches

We made enyucados during our cooking lesson at CPI. I did not realize you could eat yucca. I had only seen it as a plant that grows in the desert areas.

You eat the root of the yucca which is similar in taste and texture to a potato. When raw, it is much harder than a potato though. To eat it, you boil the yucca in water, drain it, and let it cool. This was done before we arrived. First, they gave each of us different jobs.

I mashed the yucca and grated the cheese. Others tore the lettuce or chopped cilantro, peppers, and tomatoes. Once all of the ingredients were prepared, we made our enyucados.

First you pour a little bit of milk into the mashed yucca and stir until it holds together nicely. Then, you roll some of the yucca mixture into a ball the size of a tennis ball and flatten it into a tortilla shape.

Spoon in some meat that has been browned with onions and peppers or you can just use shredded cheese if you want a vegetarian enyucado. Press the yucca mixture around the meat so none of the meat is exposed. Dip it into beaten eggs and then roll it in bread crumbs. Finally, brown it in oil. It was really delicious and looked great as well. I ate the enyucado and salad for my lunch. 


A couple of us walked to Playa Flamingo and walked along the beach. It has a beautiful sand which is completely different from Playa Conchal which is less than five miles away.




After studying I went back home to Brasilito. My tico mama made me the most delicious, beautiful dinner. I had fish, rice, salad, and flan. It was too much food, but so, so wonderful!



Comments

  1. That fish looks better than what I had for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you, Magda really knows how to cook! It was fabulous. Not sure what type of fish it was, but it tasted similar to the red snapper my dad used to make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rescate Animal ZooAve

I am a Fund For Teacher Fellow 2019!

Sailing, SUPping, and Snorkeling - Oh, my!